The third eye chakra is there to help you look past limiting beliefs.
Some limiting beliefs I have about myself:
- I am not good at – anything
- I cannot – do anything for a sustained period of time
- I won’t ever have – friends
Where did the beliefs come from:
- People around me at college were super competetive. When I played volleyball, I played for fun, not to win or lose. I would often be swapped out for a stronger player even when the outcome of the game was unimportant. My friends would call me incompetent to my face and that left a deep impression on my psyche. Why recently I was learning traditional dance from a teacher who called me slow and dull to my face.
- My sibling very helpfully pointed this out. I am a person who likes to move on quickly if something is not working. I put in some effort to make a project work, at some point when I realize that it is a waste of my time, I tend to move ahead instead of being stuck. My husband calls that a smart move and my sibling calls that , well do I need to repeat myself?
- I have to thank my sibling for this one as well.
Flipping the script:
- I am good at – caring for people around me and I am also learning self care.
- I can do something for extended periods of time if I really want to. Take for example the fact that I have been drinking warm water with lemon and honey every morning for the past 25 years without fail. I also have been working out every single day for the past 25 years. Though I have had ups and downs, Cherry is still with me – she is a very difficult dog but I have stuck with her.
- I have so many friends at my new gym that it is unbelievable. Why yesterday my neighbor pointed out that he loved wood working and would be happy to fix a broken wheel barrow in my front yard. I guess the Universe made me wait for the right people to enter my life.
Questionnaire Credit – https://myearthlylife.com/2021/10/07/root-chakra-tune-up/